Kurt Bell has prepared an addendum of data that was not used in the book because of space reasons. However a copy of that can be obtained by clicking here:
Most of the basic material a writer works with is acquired before the age of fifteen. Willa Cather
BOOK PROJECTS We have been involved with a number of book projects over the last four decades. Our special areas of interest include our most recent projects, including the The Five Mile Woods Preserve: A History, Images of the Five Mile Woods, Trains of Our Memories: A History of the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania: 1965-2015, Where Washington Once Led: A History of New Jersey's Washington Crossing State Park, and No Spot In This Far Land Is More Immortalized: A History Pennsylvania's Washington Crossing Historic Park. All of the books can be found online at www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Wholesalers interested in selling our books can contact the Wild Horse Creek Company, LLC directly. Fifty years ago the Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission chose Strasburg, Pennsylvania as the site for its new railroad museum. The small town, situated in Lancaster County was, and remains, a major tourist destination with its farms, the Amish, and the Strasburg Rail Road. Since its opening in 1975, the museum has been a popular attraction. Thousands of visitors come every year to see its remarkable world class collection of more than one hundred pieces of rolling stock including locomotives, passenger and freight cars and unique pieces of equipment. There are representatives of the earliest steam locomotives and passenger cars in the nation right up to more modern equipment that has been recently retired from service. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is also home to an important archive of railroad materials including photographs, books, railroad history and artifacts. The collection includes resources on the railroads that were active in Pennsylvania. There are interactive exhibits, videos, model train layouts, regular programs and events for a variety of interests and expertise. Visitors can climb up into steam and diesel locomotives and passenger coaches. We are pleased to announce that well-known railroad historian Dan Cupper recently reviewed our book. Read his review here:
 The Wild Horse Creek Company Providing Journeys of Discovery since 1979
On Christmas night 1776 George Washington and twenty-four hundred men stepped ashore on the New Jersey side of the Delaware River. They went on to win decisive victories at Trenton and Princeton which changed the course of the Revolutionary War. Efforts to memorialize the heroic event were begun in 1895 and culminated with Washington Crossing State Park being formally dedicated in 1927. It took years to bring a dream of many to fruition as leaders and organizers proposed ideas, raised awareness, sought funding and then developed the properties. It is remarkable that these efforts continued moving forward given the logistical, legal and political challenges they faced. Over the years millions of visitors have come to the park and contemplated the crossing, visited the Johnson Ferry House, hiked the trails, played on the sports fields, attended park programs, picnicked at Sullivan Grove or walked their dogs.
 On July 22, 1779, one of the most lethal battles of the American Revolution, in terms of the ratio of participants to numbers killed, took place on a hill above Minisink Ford along the Delaware River north of Port Jervis, New York. The Battle at Minisink Ford,New York was a disaster for the American militia units. More than one third of the militiamen perished. This important work reveals primary sources about the battle that have not been seen in more than one hundred and fi fty years. So Many Brave Men, the first major work written on the battle in thirty years, will encourage new interest in the battle, and the men who fought there. Many of the veterans of that catastrophe speak to us about that fateful day from the distance of more than 230 years. They also speak of their dedication to the cause of freedom and liberty.
 From 1999-2006 Peter Osborne wrote four books on the Civilian Conservation Corps, FDR's most popular New Deal agency that built, restored and refurbished thousands of parks and forests across the country. The legacy of the CCC remains today across the land in the form of lakes, roads, parks, woodlands, buildings, picnic and camping areas. The four books sold here remind of us of that wonderful legacy that continues to benefit Americans after seventy years. To purchase any of the books go to www.amazon.com.
 If you loved the newspaper columns of Erma Bombeck and Jim Bishop, Janis Osborne’s book, Put The Dog On The Phone, a collection of her favorite newspaper columns written over 20 years, is a must read. Janis wrote with humor and poignancy about the life and times of the small town where she grew up, of her family, friends and acquaintances, that are the personification of people we have all known and sometimes loved. She was often stopped on the street or in the supermarket by people who say they have pinned her column to the refrigerator door or who identify with her experiences as a wife, mother, daughter and working woman. But the book is not for women only. Men will enjoy her vignettes of sons, husbands and fathers as much. To read her book is like sitting down to have a conversation with an old friend. It will leave you with a better feeling about yourself and the world around you. To purchase the book go to www.amazon.com.
 Perseverance and Vigilance is the first full-length history ever written about the Fort Decker Museum of History in Port Jervis, New York. Peter Osborne had been collecting information on the building for many years and then compiled the data for this book which was published in 2007. To purchase a copy of the book contact the Minisink Valley Historical Society at 845-856-2375 or the Upper Delaware Scenic Byway at 845-252-3022. The book retails for $19.99 Our Town was published by the Port Jervis Centennial Committee in 2007 and coauthored with Dan Dwyer and is available from the City of Port Jervis. Hail Matamoras, the first history of the borough, was published by the Matamoras Centennial Committee in 2007. It can be purchased by calling the Borough Historian William Clark at 570-491-2271. The book retails for $15.00
 In 2008, the author followed the trail of Lewis and Clark from Washington, D. C. to the Pacific Ocean and created a digital book recounting his adventures of his two great heroes, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. The book is available directly from the author, please write an email to request a copy.
Peter Osborne has assisted a number of writers and historians over the last three decades with various projects they were involved with.
 Over the years Peter Osborne has written several introductions to local history works and has compiled and coordinated the efforts to publish the histories of the Laurel Grove Cemetery (Port Jervis, New York, the Pine Hill Cemetery (Sparrowbush, New York) and the Easton Cemetery (Easton, Pennsylvania). Photo courtesy: Craig Benner, Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania Photograph of Willa Cather courtesy of University of Nebraska, Willa Cather Archives
On Christmas night 1776 George Washington and twenty-four hundred men stepped off from the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River to cross the icy waterway. They went on to win a decisive victory at Trenton, New Jersey, and then later at Princeton. The battles changed the course of the Revolutionary War. The first official efforts to memorialize the heroic event began in Pennsylvania in 1895. A park commission was created in 1917, and they formally dedicated the park in 1921. The park includes the historic shoreline, the McConkey Ferry Inn and Thompson-Neely House. Both buildings played a role in that fateful evening. Over the years millions of visitors have come to the park and contemplated the Crossing, the famed painting of Washington Crossing The Delaware by Emanuel Leutze, picnicked on the grounds, played on the sports fields, and walked their dogs. Visitors have also enjoyed the beauty of the Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve, and climbed to the top of the Bowman’s Hill Observation Tower.